Community Partners involves community volunteers, neighbors and family members in the lives of senior citizens to help them maintain independence in their homes or apartments with the following programs:
- Service Coordination and arrangement of volunteer support services in the home such as friendly visiting, rides and companionship to medical appointments, help with grocery shopping, help with chores, and other care as needed and unmet by other providers.
- Respite care and caregiver support and education for people caring for their loved one with Alzheimer’s or other chronic conditions.
- Information and referral on issues related to caring for seniors in the community.
- Senior Nutrition Services
- Annual Community Partners Conference in October and other educational events.
If you would like to learn more about Community Partners, or if you would like to volunteer, visit the office located in Bayview Terrace Apartments at 505 – 1st Avenue, or call 218-834-8024.
*Senior Nutrition Services is sponsored by the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency funded under contract with the ARDC’s Area Agency on Agency as part of the Older Americans Act Program.