Community Partners is looking for people who would like to volunteer to help seniors live independently for as long as possible. Volunteers are needed for the jobs listed here:
- Giving Rides to Medical Appointments. There is a $15.00 fee for the senior for each ride to Duluth. A $15.00 gas card is given to the volunteer for trips to Duluth. Local rides around Two Harbors are free.
- Providing Occasional Rides After 4:00 (after bus service has ended)
- Grocery Shopping for homebound seniors. There is a $3.00 fee for the senior that goes directly to the volunteer. We also need volunteers who will take seniors grocery shopping, offering a ride and help with shopping.
- Visitors that can stay (up to 4 hours) with older adults with memory loss or other chronic conditions so that their family caregiver can take a break. This is called “Respite Care”.
- Volunteer for the Health-in-a-Bag program in which food is distributed to seniors at the two highrises in town on the 3rd Saturday of every m month
- Shoveling or Snow Blowing Snow
- Performing In-Home Odd-Jobs and Help with Outside Chores
- Make Daily Telephone Checks on Seniors
- Deliver Meals on Wheels One Day a Week in Two Harbors
- Spend Quality Time with a Senior
- Clerical Duties at Community Partners
To become a volunteer for Community Partners, please download our application here: volunteer-application-2016 and send filled out forms to our office via mail, fax, or scanned in an e-mail. Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you with more information. Thank you for your interest!